- No retention period defined.
- UPlaCe – The UPC Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
It may not be possible to guarantee the readability of some unusual file formats.
- UPlaCe – The UPC Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best
- The original bit stream is retained for all items, in addition to any upgraded formats.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
a. Journal publishers’ rules
b. Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
c. Legal requirements and proven violations
d. National Security
e. Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items’ identifiers/URLs are retained transiently.
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
a. The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.
b. The item’s persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
c. There will be links between earlier and later versions, with the most recent version
- Items are allocated a checksum to facilitate the detection of alterations.
- No closure policy defined.